11029NAT Course in Firearms Safety (approved for firearms licensing in Queensland)
NEXT DATE: TBA
9:00AM at 3GT shop( 8, 1631 Wynnum Road, Tingalpa)
This course is delivered in partnership with Asset College (RTO 31718).
A basic introduction to the firearms industry, this course covers the skills and knowledge essential to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, firearms terminology, safe storage and transport, as well as additional information which is essential to all shooters.
This course covers Category A, B & H firearms.
These are the most common firearms used for sports/target, recreational and occupational shooting activities. Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Air Rifles
- Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Lever Action Rifles
- Pump Action Rifles
- Muzzle Loading Firearm
- Combination Guns (Rifle and Shotgun)
- Paintball Guns
- Semi-auto Pistols & Revolvers
- On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10618NAT Course in Firearms Safety (Approved for Firearms Licensing in Queensland).
This course meets the training requirements to apply for a QLD Weapons Licence for categories A, B & H firearms.
In order to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years.
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years.
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years.
- It is also recommended that pregnant women do not attend our firearms safety courses.
- If you have any questions regards this please contact us on 07 3180 1223.
For more information regarding specific licensing requirements, please visit Weapons Licensing QLD.
Please be advised we are unable to train students on a student visa. You must find a CRICOS registered training provider.
What will I need to provide to enrol?
- Enrolment Form
- USI (Unique Student Identifier)
- Photo Identification
We require all of the above to be completed and until all of these are received your spot is still tentative and therefore if the course becomes full, your booking may be moved.
This course covers the following units of competency:
- WSCQPS001 Demonstrate knowledge of firearms legislation, firearms and community safety
- WSCQPS002 Demonstrate the safe use of category A and B firearms
- WSCQPS005 Demonstrate the safe use of category H firearms
This course is delivered face-to-face over 8 hours. This consists of a theory assessment completed online in class and a live fire range practice at an approved range.
Contact us if you would like a workshop in a different location. For groups of 5 or more we may be able to schedule a stand-alone workshop to accommodate for your needs.
Please note: Recognition of Prior Learning is not available on Firearms Safety Courses.
Start time: 9 am (All day)
Theory – 3GT Shop( Please ring the bell as the door is locked)
Range at either Belmont Shooting Complex or Hillcrest indoor PC (TBA)
This course requires practical shooting at shooting range.
Range access fee ($20 per person/depends on location) is not included. You will need your own transportation to get to range from classroom in Tingalpa. Lunch is not included.
How to enrol
1. Add to cart
2. Please put USI number on the memo on your address detail page.
You can get your USI number from here.
2. Choose online payment or local pick up-you can pay on the day (Cancellation fee apply 24H before the course date)
3. We will send you confirmation email within 24 hours.
On the day, you will need:
1. Your Photo ID (If you have firearms license, please bring)
2. USI number
3. Wear Covered shoes or sneakers
4. Bring ear muffs and eye protection if you have – Ear muffs and eye protection can be hired at the range for an additional cost.
To apply for a QLD Weapons Licence you are required to successfully complete a firearm safety course in the category or categories you wish to apply for. Once the student has successfully completed the firearms safety course, a nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to the student which will reflect the units of competence completed on the firearms safety course (Certificates are valid for a period of 12 months from date of issue).
We email your certificate in about 10 working days after completion.